*2 night minimum stay on the weekends* Will make exceptions as the weekend gets closer. Call 1-805-927-7653.
We only accept reservations 2 months in advance.
IMPORTANT: Price includes 11% bed tax: Non-HI members will pay a $3 fee upon arrival
- Check for room availability by calling us at (805) 927-7653 during our office hours (5-9 pm daily Pacific Standard Time). If a room is available and you would like to confirm a reservation, please provide your credit card number, expiration date and 3-digit CVC code on the back of card for pre-authorization. Cancel/Change fees apply: See below.
- As follows usual hostel policy, we welcome travelers only. If you live within 50 miles of Cambria, please seek other accommodations. As stated above there is a 3 night maximum stay.
- Please note that except for house rentals, access to the Inn is closed daily from 10:30AM to 5PM, as a way to both tidy up the hostel and encourage guests to have fun around town.
- Check in: 5PM-9PM (late arrivals, please call) Check out 10:30AM
- Please Read Our Reservation Policy below:
(for groups and house rentals, different policies apply. See Group Rentals)
- All reservations require a deposit for the cost of the first night of the room. Summer, holiday and weekend bookings may be subject to a 2 night minimum stay and may require a full prepayment
- Identification Required for ALL guests at check-in.
Valid identification may be an international passport, US passport or driver's license.
- Telephone & E-Mail Charges for Cancellations and Changes:
* If you notify us at least 7 days before your scheduled arrival date:
we will refund your deposit, less a $20 processing fee per room or bunk.
* If you notify us less than 7 days before your scheduled arrival date:
you will be charged for the first night for the room. Note, If your reservation is for multiple days during peak periods, you may be charged for subsequent nights. Please confirm at time of booking. Peak periods: holidays and June through Sept.
- Online charges for cancellations & changes are 30% of the booking fee.
- 30% of the reservations fee will be automatically billed online at the time of booking; the remainder will be charged at check-in upon arrival.
We Don't Overbook!
We are a small inn just off the main road with only a few rooms. Because we have difficulty re-renting rooms after last-minute cancellations, we have a strict cancellation policy.
The Bridge Street Inn may be sold out during peak periods, and closed periodically in the winter; therefore we suggest that you reserve a room or bunk before you arrive in Cambria.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How is a hostel different than a Bed & Breakfast or motel?
Hostels, such as the Bridge Street Inn, can be very similar to Bed & Breakfast inns. Yet unlike B&Bs, hostels offer dorm rooms in addition to private rooms. Dorm space is an inexpensive accommodation option for solo travelers. Hostels often have kitchens guests can use to prepare their own meals. Further, hostels place an emphasis on shared space, so travelers can meet and interact with other travelers and staff. Often bathrooms are not attached to rooms, and there is a common living area to meet others. Hostels, such as the Bridge Street Inn, attract an international crowd, those often on the road for months at a time, who seek affordable, charming accommodation but not luxurious services. See what guests have written about us on Yelp & Tripdvisor!
- Why are you closed during the day from 10:30 to 5pm?
Regulations require that someone be on duty at all times guests have access to the house. Because we are a small family business, we can't always be available during the daytime. Also, we are catering to travelers who want to be out discovering our beautiful coastline during the day. If you require access to the house mid-day, please consider a whole house rental. See more on house rental page.
- What does being closed during the day from 10:30 to 5pm mean to me?
It means guests have to be out of the house during the day - but of course you don't have to take your luggage.
- Why are your rooms so much less expensive, often only a quarter the cost, of other local rooms?
We offer only basic accommodations; bathrooms are shared; continental breakfast; check-in only after 5pm; no private televisions or phones; small cozy rooms; No daily room service; mid-day house closure.
- Who wouldn't enjoy staying here?
If you want to get away from people and have your own private space (honeymooner, anniversary, romantic weekenders) this is probably not the place for you. Further, if you expect daily service like housekeeping, full breakfast, or mid-day naps in your room, please see the CambriaChamber.org website to find one of the other excellent inns nearby.
- How far is the beach from the Inn?
Moonstone Beach is a 2 mile stretch of sandy beach, which is just over one mile from us. It is about a 25 minute walk, or 5 minutes by car.
- Can I get to Cambria without a car?
Yes, there is daily public bus service to Cambria and Hearst Castle from San Luis Obispo. Please see our contact page
- Is smoking allowed at the Inn?
No, we do not allow smoking anywhere in the house or in the yard.
No. We do not allow pets. Some guests have allergies and sorry, but dogs tend to bark and we like it quiet here.
- Are there in roomTV's and phones?
There is no TV, but we have lots of books & games and a guest phone in the living room.
- Is the house available for family reunions or group rentals?
Yes. See group house rental page. Note, groups can access the house anytime, day and night, and have sole use of the building with whole house rental
- Is there cell phone coverage in Cambria?
Cambria is hilly, and call phone reception is spotty. Please plan ahead. Verizon, Cellular One and T-Mobile have signals, but Sprint and Cingular currently don't work.
- Do you have internet access?
Yes, we have wireless internet access for your laptops. We do not have computers available for guests, but there is an internet cafe in Cambria, one mile from the Inn.
- Are Gift Certificates available?
Yes, you can give the gift of a night in Cambria with a Bridge Street Inn gift certificate. Please call or email us for details.
Easy - street Parking is FREE and plentiful.
For Groups & House Rentals, policies may be different so please see our Group Rentals page.